The Priory was created as a wedding venue in 1992 by John and Ann Hope, who since then, have opened their home each year to couples looking to find that uniquely special place to host their ceremonies and receptions. Since 1992, The Priory has hosted over two thousand weddings. At the heart of this historic setting is the tithe barn, built in 1541 by James Needham who was carpenter to King Henry VIII. The tithe barn is a magnificent building and is possibly the finest timber barn in England.
The Priory now opens its doors just 62 each year, on Fridays and Saturdays between 1st April and 31st October, for couples looking for a venue that offers privacy, seamless service, and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. As one of the very first wedding barn venues in the country, families continue to gather here from far and wide, trusting the Hope Family's meticulous attention to detail that has been the hallmark of The Priory’s success.